Well, I'm turning 40 this year. It's a given that I will never act my age. That being said, I want to help my skin look as youthful as I feel for as long as I can. Unfortunately I have extremely dry skin with a bit of rosacea, but thankfully I've finally found the right combination to keep my skin looking the best it can be. Since I discovered what I consider the holy grail for dry and sensitive skin folks like me, I wanted to share it along with my whole regimen with hopes it might help you as well. I'll share that specific one below because it has changed my skin forever. Also, I buy most of my products from Amazon vs. the doctors office. I am able to save a lot of money on the high-end lotions and serums that way. I'm not against drug-store products if they work for me though. Having tried lots of different things, here is what you can now find in my medicine cabinet (or really under the sink as I have no medicine cabinet)...
1. Mia Sonic 2 - It gently cleans your skin like nothing else and allows all your face products to penetrate better.
2. Jan Marini Age Intervention Gentle Cleanser - I came across the Jan Marini line from my doctor at the medical aethetics practice that I go to. Fell in love with the stuff. I've tried all the gentle cleansers like Cetaphil, etc. but nothing has been my skin's friend more than this one. It never feels tight after a wash.
3. Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer, fragrance free - rich cream that I put on every morning. Love this!
4. Jan Marini C-Esta Serum - I use this in the morning. Vitamin C is an important part of any skin care regimen as it helps protect the skin from outside elements. It helps the skin fight wrinkling and age spots.
5. Jan Marini Bioglycolic Face Cream - This is a mixture of acids used for exfoliation. I use this every other night rotating with my Retin-A.
6. Obaji Tretinoin Cream 0.05% - This Retin-A I have to get from my doctor since it's stronger than over the counter retinol. This provides a boost in collagen and helps to reverse sun damage. I can only tolerate this every other day and rotate it with the bioglycolic cream in the evenings.
7. 100% Pure Squalane Oil- THIS is the only thing I've ever used that has kept my dry skin at bay. I wasn't able to tolerate retin-a until I started using it. The oil is 100% derived from olives (though it can also come from sharks) and possesses qualities similar to human sebum, so it is easily absorbed and doesn't leave you greasy at all.
8. Jan Marini Antioxidant Face Protectant SPF 33 - I use this EVERY day because I know sunscreen is the most important thing you can do for your skin. I used to use Neutrogena Ultrasheer Sunscreen but didn't like the smell or the greasy feel on my face. This sunscreen costs more, but it goes on smoothly and smells like an orange patch. Love.
What have you found to be your skin's best friend? I'm always eager to try something new!